L'Oreal UV Perfect Matte & Fresh SPF 50

 


This is a sunscreen from L'Oreal. I got this picture from the L'Oreal website. My friend Jamie introduced this to me. My exact words to her was I want something affordable and something that wouldn't make my face shiny. She took me to the L'Oreal section of the aisle at Watsons and showed me this. She told me that she usually uses this as a top-up after wudhu after noon prayers. I was worried about acne but she assured me that she has no problem with acne while using this product.

This is a chemical sunscreen and the active ingredient is mexoryl. Mexoryl has been around for quite some time, relatively cheap and is very effective as sun protection. Because it is a chemical sunscreen, it does not have that white cast on your face after you put it on. So, that's a plus for me. I find that physical sunscreen quite annoying because of the white cast. 

So, I got this for the very affordable price of aroud RM 26. The bottle is very thin and light, you could just chuck it in your handbag. The sunscreen is in liquid form and very easy to spread on my face. I use this in the morning before I go out, especially when I use moisturiser without spf. It does feel very thick on the skin and gooey right after application but after the drive to work, I hardly notice it anymore. 

I haven't actually used this under makeup. This is because I use a compact cushion BB with SPF. I know I'm supposed to use sunblock everyday but I don't feel comfortable putting layers of products on my face. So, I use this on my non make-up days, which is almost everyday.  True to it's name, it does not make my face shiny. It has a matte finish and has never caused me to break out in acnes. Just to be safe, I do double cleansing in the evenings to make sure I move every trace of the sunscreen from my skin, even when I don't use make up.

Aside from everyday use, I also use this sunscreen when going to the beach. It really works to protect my skin from sunburn. If I don't use any sunscreen, my skin is prone to be reddish and to peel after prolonged sun exposure. When I use L'Oreal UV Perfect Matte & Fresh SPF 50, I did not experience sunburn. My skin would just tan but without  all the redness, pain and peeling.

So, would I buy this again. The answer is yes. I would buy this again to be used as a sunblock when going to the beach or spending sometime at the pool. I would also use it every day, especially during my non-makeup days. It is wallet friendly. It delivers what it promises to deliver; sun protection, matte finish and oil control. If you are thinking of an all-rounder sunscreen, this is it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Good Virtues Co skincare set

Our Arau - KL Central ETS adventure

Gunung Jerai