Gunung Jerai


I was supposed to write a post about our Gunung Jerai trip right after that, shouldn't I??

Well,this is just one photo that I have available right now.

This place is unbelievably beautiful.

As you see in the photos, Hydrangeas are blooming everywhere in the resort. The Hydrangeas are the main attraction and I was tempted to go here because of the flowers. My sister went to Jerai a few times for work and she sent me her photos.

The first time I saw Jerai was on a TV program in 2012 if I'm not mistaken. The hydrangeas made me oohed and aahed and I was saying "lets' go, let's go" to my sisters. I have not had the opportunity nor the time to go there until last Dec.

We spent two nights there, which is good because we really get to relax and enjoy all the facilities. They have a nice restaurant and a game room, sports complex of sorts and activities such as archery. If you're in the civil service, ask for discounts when booking.

If you like nature, you could also trek in the botanical gardens (discounts for resorts guests are available) or trek to the tok guru well (a car can reach this place, if you dare to drive on the winding and steep road).

I underlined trek because the botanical garden is on a steep hilly terrace next to the resort's parking lot. It was like a fairy garden and we managed to take lots of photos because apparently other people don't really want to visit the botanical garden. Another NICE SURPRISE is that the botanical gardens also houses some exotic birds and creatures. There are birds from all over the world and a species of jungle cat from Africa, which excites my children because they thought it's a tiger or a cat. So, kids would really enjoy the botanical garden. Although, you might have to carry them because they might tire easily. And, you have to be really careful because it is hilly and steep.

Other nearby attractions are the forestry museum and tok guru well. Don't be surprised to see bearded robed man praying in the bushes. Jerai has a mystical history and considered a holy/mystical place.

A challenge here is perhaps to get meals if you don't like room service. So, bring food with you so you can have something to eat when your husband go tapau food from somewhere else (at the foothills, a 12km drive down steep winding roads). There's a food court in front of the resort entrance but I didn;'t get a chance to visit so i don't know what's available.

That's all for now. Photos might come later when I have the opportunity. If you're thinking of visiting Jerai, I'll say go ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Good Virtues Co skincare set

Our Arau - KL Central ETS adventure